About Me

Just a "mom" with thoughts to share about crafting, card making and other things. This is really just about my "opinion" on my crafting obsession. I am also a Close to My Heart Consultant and hope that i can help you with your paper-crafting needs.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Long Time No See

Hey Ya'll

It's been a long time since I've put anything out but please know that I have been very busy.......haven't we all?

My daughter has been to so many tournaments in the past 6 months we are all exhausted, but not more than her.  She is currently on a much needed break until the middle of July when her high school field hockey season starts....I am so proud of her!  She has worked so hard this year and really deserves the break.

Our next adventure began in the last couple of weeks, we started looking at colleges!  WOW!  I can't believe that in 24 short months, my baby will begin a new chapter in her life.  It's all so exciting and scary!  We took a tour of Rhodes College in Memphis, TN.  In December we will be traveling to the Northeast, where she will be touring Columbia University.  Before that we will be visiting Murray State University to check out their Pre-Vet program....decisions, decisions....any of those schools would be great but I'm pretty sure we will be adding a few more before all is said and done.  It is good to have choices!

Anyway, let me share with you some of the projects I have been working on in the last 6 months and I'll also let you know what I have planned for the upcoming year.  So many projects, so little time..So to begin, I created a new mini album as a retirement gift for our varsity field hockey coach.







This album was put together quickly but not without a lot of thought and love.  I really wish my daughter would have been able to play under this spectacular coach and mentor.  She will be greatly missed.

My next project was/is a baby album.   I can't tell you who it is for because it is a surprise!  But it turned out awesome!.  I have to thank Christine from Paper Hoarder Disorder for the tutorial on the Mother Goose Album.  It turned out better than I expected!






 I have several other pictures of this album.  If you are interested, let me know and I can send them to you.

Then in between all of the cratfting and toting my daughter around I found the time to get my vegetable garden into the ground.  If  I can keep the squirrels and rabbits out of it, I might actually be able to harvest something this year!



Compared to last year, I'm doing great!.  I found a product called @ShakeAway that is amazing and has kept the nasty squirrels away from all of my produce!  WooHoo.!  Last year the little "darlings" ate absolutely everything that came up out of the ground.  This year I've actually been able to eat some of the fruits of our labor.

On to my most recent project.  I created a portfolio type album for my niece and though I had a hard time with the papers, I finally came to love this quick and easy "folio"









My favorite photo bomb girl!




I have a whole list of project to work on this summer and hope that I will be able to keep the blog up to date.  Thanks for looking!

















No comments:

Post a Comment