About Me

Just a "mom" with thoughts to share about crafting, card making and other things. This is really just about my "opinion" on my crafting obsession. I am also a Close to My Heart Consultant and hope that i can help you with your paper-crafting needs.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Life is so Busy!

Things have been so hectic lately in my household.  I don't know if you all are aware of this, but my DH had a full shoulder replacement at the end of September.  He is doing remarkably well and I hope that he will be 100% by the beginning of the new year.  I had knee surgery on October 24 and am recovering quickly.  It just never stops around this place!  I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was asked to make a mini album for a beautiful young lady that plays field hockey with my daughter.  I haven't made one in several months and was so ready to jump back into the creative journey.  Then....(huge sobs) I was informed that Sacred Heart Academy's head field hockey coach was retiring this year. I was absolutely floored and so upset that I couldn't even begin to think straight.

When we started looking for a high school for my daughter to attend, academics were first and foremost in our minds.  However, you do have to take in to consideration the quality of people that will be coaching your children in the sports that they choose to play.  Coach Lewis is a wonderful coach and a determined individual.  She is also someone that I would entrust my daughter to.  I am sorry that my daughter will not have the opportunity to play for Coach Lewis at the varsity level. Coach Lewis would have instilled in her the the characteristics of good sportsmanship, pride, love of the game, teamwork,camaraderie  and perseverance  She takes her field hockey seriously but she also strives to create women of great faith by model these same qualities.

I hope that Coach Lewis enjoys her retirement and finds peace in all things. Our family will miss her leadership greatly. Best wishes to you in all that you do Coach Lewis.

So with all of that going on, I thought:  What can I do to show my appreciatation for this wonderful coach?  A mini album, of course.  So now I have to have two albums complete on the same day.

I just love a challenge!

I can't really post pictures of a "surprise" work in progress but I can show you a project I made for my daughter's varsity buddy.  I made a "portfolio" style photo album last week and I was thrilled with how it turned out!





As usual, I would appreciate to hear what you all think of it.  

I do have to works in process and will post those when they have been complete and given to their respective owners.  





No comments:

Post a Comment